Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine all of the beans, green pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 172 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 25, 2018
The only ingredient I did not use was the green pepper, because I am allergic. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written and it was amazingly good! Just as I remember my mother and grandmother making it when I was young. I put this in my favorites list and we'll make it again!
Mar 9, 2017
Made a while back. Will be making again really good on a hot day.
May 6, 2015
Good ingredients with the promise of a good salad. I can't understand why people insist in adding sugar to salads. Try your favorite but forget the sugar. May surprise you.
Jul 21, 2012
I found this in my church potluck cookbook from taste of home. I made it to take to a church supper and everyone loved it. A definite keeper.
Jun 3, 2012
rave reviews at a pot-luck picnic. diffinitely will make this again. Thanks.
Jun 30, 2010
I've made this several times. Great for picnics.
Apr 13, 2009
Yep- looks almost like the one I make, only I use thin red onion slices...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.