Four-Bean Taco Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 280 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1186mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 21, 2011
We love this chili! I resist the urge to overdo & add other things like fresh onions & garlic, etc. & keep it simple. Only change I make is to add a greater variety of beans. We serve this with lettuce, cheese, diced tomatoes, onions, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc. & everyone eats it their way ~ taco salad, chips & cheese with the taco soup on top, or straight up in the bowl. I have a large family -lots of kids/grandkids & so make this for one of our family dinner nights & all enjoy!
Nov 6, 2009
This chili is very good and I always make it and get requests to give out the recipe. I like it because it makes a big pot of chili which is good for our family as they love it and it never lasts long.