Ranch Bean Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 each small sweet orange, red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve desired amount of chili. Cool remaining chili; transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 298 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 11g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 27, 2013
This was just o.k. A little too tomatoey for my liking. There are better chili recipes out there.
Sep 7, 2012
Very good. My husband barely got any because I really liked it. The only substitution I made was using a small can of green giant corn.
Oct 2, 2009
My husband dislikes chili, but he loved this one. I changed the kidney beans to black beans. it was really good. can't wait for leftovers.
Apr 13, 2009
I made this for a last minute lunch when my in-laws were coming over. I only had green pepper on-hand, but the chili was delicious!! Everyone enjoyed the lunch so much and I had plenty leftover for the freezer for a quick meal on a weeknight!
Mar 25, 2009
I made "Ranch Bean Chili" for dinner. My eldest son so enjoyed the chili that he asked if he could take the left-overs to work and share with his co-workers. They all enjoyed it so much that they wanted the recipe.