Ranch Bean Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 each small sweet orange, red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve desired amount of chili. Cool remaining chili; transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 298 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 11g fiber), 23g protein.
Oct 27, 2013
This was just o.k. A little too tomatoey for my liking. There are better chili recipes out there.
Sep 7, 2012
Very good. My husband barely got any because I really liked it. The only substitution I made was using a small can of green giant corn.
Oct 2, 2009
My husband dislikes chili, but he loved this one. I changed the kidney beans to black beans. it was really good. can't wait for leftovers.
Apr 13, 2009
I made this for a last minute lunch when my in-laws were coming over. I only had green pepper on-hand, but the chili was delicious!! Everyone enjoyed the lunch so much and I had plenty leftover for the freezer for a quick meal on a weeknight!
Mar 25, 2009
I made "Ranch Bean Chili" for dinner. My eldest son so enjoyed the chili that he asked if he could take the left-overs to work and share with his co-workers. They all enjoyed it so much that they wanted the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.