Green Bean Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 178 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 769mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Nov 9, 2017
This was delicious. PMM you aren't weird. The only bean I will eat is a green bean. Love chili. but no beans. When I saw this recipe I was delighted. A chili recipe right up mt alley. Thanks for this recipe. Easy and tasty. Will make again.
Mar 29, 2012
So although I love beans, I don't love them *in* things. Kind of like nuts in brownies...I know, I'm weird. So this recipe stood out for me.Let me say this couldn't have been any easier or more delicious. I had most everything on hand, made a couple of alterations (more onions and garlic) but otherwise stuck to the recipe. We LOVED it! Low cal, low carb, true chili taste. Thanks Barbara! This will be my "easy chili" for the rest of my life.
Apr 10, 2011
I used ground turkey and an extra can of green beans. Yum. Very good.
Apr 1, 2009
This turned out really well. Even the chili traditionalists in my family liked it. I used canned regular-cut green beans because I didn't have the French-cut ones, but next time I will be sure to make it with frozen French-style ones. I'm sure there will be many more next times with this recipe!