Beef Taco Chili
This one of my husband's absolute favorite dishes. It was also voted Best Chili in our county's autumn Harvest Festival. If you like less broth, use just 1-3/4 cups water and 1-1/2 teaspoons bouillon. —Dana Beery, Ione, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 7 hours
Makes6 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, tortilla strips and sliced jalapenos
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until heated through. Serve with toppings if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 337 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1657mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 10g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Crock Pot Taco Meat Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.