Chili Beef Quesadillas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook and stir the mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper sauce until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and beef mixture.
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray; place plain side up in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon beef mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Carefully turn over; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 1, 2012
Wonderful recipe..the family loves this.
Dec 17, 2011
This is fantastic! One of our family's favorites.
Mar 21, 2011
Fantastic tasting and full of veggies -- what a combo!
Sep 22, 2009
I had the day off today and wanted to try something new. I found this in my pile of magazines and I am so glad I did. My husband and I both LOVED these and will make them again this week with the left over mixture I still have. I added a little bit of green pepper, but didn't change anything else.
Aug 8, 2009
Made these last night for supper and they were great. I just used taco seasoning instead of the chili powder. I will make them over and over.
Aug 7, 2009
Plan to try this out!
Aug 22, 2008
These were awesome - a great meal for my family - everyone loved them!
Jul 14, 2008
Excellent! I used a pound of beef so I added more chili powder and hot sauce. It wasn't at all spicy. Any leftovers are great mixed in with eggs the next morning and wrapped in a tortilla.