Cheesy Black Bean Quesadillas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the yellow pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and corn; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the black beans, pepper and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray; place plain side up on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spoon bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortilla over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 6 minutes. Carefully turn over; bake 4-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 381 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 7, 2016
Didn't change a thing! This was excellent!!!
Jan 12, 2013
These were good, it was a lot of chopping. I also had a lot more filling than I had tortillas!
Feb 6, 2012
LOVED this recipe! It was my first time making a quesadilla (I'm in my teens) and I think this one was a great experience :) I omitted the onion, garlic, corn and salt/pepper since we didn't have any in the house, added some brown sugar and voila! Tasted marvelous! I'd recommend this to anyone, vegetarian or not!
Mar 10, 2011
Once you get passed dicing all the veggies, this is super easy to make and still pretty healthy! There will be a lot more filling than the Taste of Home photo shows, but large tortilla shells can handle it all. There are more than enough beans in the recipe, so you may want to reduce the amount to taste, but the blend of all the other ingredients was nearly perfect. Add a little taco sauce or tabasco if desired, but as is, these are delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.