Black Bean Soft Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. Garnish with avocado.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 11g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 22, 2014
Yummy!!! We really enjoyed this recipe and it was very easy to make! Next time I might drain the tomatoes a bit because there was a lot of fluid, but other than that it was great! I also added a bit of sour cream to mine.
May 12, 2009
black beans (19.75 oz La Costena), not black olives, reduce salt 1/4t. and 2 t. chili powder)
May 10, 2009
I used one can black olives and added 1 cup of cooked brown rice