Black Bean Soft Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold one side of tortilla over filling. Garnish with avocado.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 11g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2014
Yummy!!! We really enjoyed this recipe and it was very easy to make! Next time I might drain the tomatoes a bit because there was a lot of fluid, but other than that it was great! I also added a bit of sour cream to mine.
May 12, 2009
black beans (19.75 oz La Costena), not black olives, reduce salt 1/4t. and 2 t. chili powder)
May 10, 2009
I used one can black olives and added 1 cup of cooked brown rice