Black Bean Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2/3 cups salsa, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, mash beans; add 1 cup salsa. Place five tortillas on ungreased baking sheets; spread with bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; top with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until crisp and heated through. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream and remaining salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 2, 2015
Very Good! The whole family enjoyed.
Apr 25, 2010
So easy and so good!
Jan 25, 2010
Really enjoyed this.Only thing I might do a little different would be to flip them to crisp up both sides a little better. My toddler loved it. It's a win-win-win-win. I can already tell this will be classic at our house, since it's cheap, easy, really good, and healthy (especially if made with whole wheat tortillas and low fat sour cream). A real winner!
Feb 10, 2009
This is easy and delicious! I usually serve with some Spanish rice (rice cooked in chicken broth with some salsa) and cooked corn.
Jul 26, 2008
Jul 25, 2008
Excellent, fast, healthy, delicious. What more could a family ask for? Great recipe, thank you for posting!