Black Bean and Corn Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ready-to-serve brown rice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender. Add the beans, tomatoes, cabbage, corn, taco seasoning, lime juice and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in rice; heat through.
- Spoon bean mixture into taco shells. Top with cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 423 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 5, 2012
Although I modified this recipe a bit, I am still giving this version five stars. Instead of tomatoes, I used salsa and adjusted the seasoning accordingly. I was surprised that the cabbage worked so well in this dish. It assumed the flavor of the seasonings, so it wasn't overwhelming. We enjoyed this dish, and I plan to make it again.