Black Bean & Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chiles, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups crumbled queso fresco or shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh tomatoes and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with 4 tortillas, 1 cup chicken, 1/4 cup onion, 1/4 cup beans, 1/3 cup green chiles and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Drizzle with 1/2 cup enchilada sauce; top with the remaining tortillas, onion, beans, chiles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly and cheese is melted, 25-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, quarter, peel and pit 1 avocado; place avocado in a food processor. Add sour cream, lime juice and salt; process until smooth. Peel, pit and cut remaining avocado into small cubes.
- Top lasagna with tomatoes, cilantro and cubed avocado. Serve with avocado sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with 1 tablespoon sauce (calculated without tomatoes): 407 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 28g protein.
Oct 24, 2019
This was easy meal and very tasty! I used corn tortillas instead of flour. I would make this again.
Aug 14, 2017
Very good and very easy! I will definitely make it again. I live alone, so I halved the recipe and made it in a 9 inch square pan. I used a whole can of black beans and one can of chiles. Next time I will use more chicken. The avocado sauce was great!
Dec 16, 2016
I have made this a few times now and it is becoming a regular at our dinner table. I do use flour tortillas and cut down on the green chili's to 1 can.
Mar 14, 2016
Great flavor and simple to put together. I will be making this again.
Mar 13, 2016
The recipe was very good. I used green enchilada sauce, because the recipe does not say. I did make some modifications: We do not care for avocados, so I omitted them; I used more cheese, because we like things cheesier; I used only 1 can of chilies; and I did not have any black beans, so I substituted Great Northern beans. It came out delicious.
Nov 10, 2015
LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe! Great flavor.
Sep 28, 2015
This was an easy meal last night, and very yummy. Though I do think leftovers today were even better. Definitely going to be a twice a month meal in our house. I thought the cilantro & avocado sauce were great additions. And for the record... the recipe states you need 12 CORN tortillas and on each layer you will use FOUR tortillas.
Apr 25, 2015
I thought this recipe was great! Easy, and my family of 6 loved it. It does say corn tortillas in the ingredients and in the directions it says to use FOUR tortillas.
Mar 22, 2015
for those that are confused on the recipe- you need corn tortillas. In the instructions, she says FOUR, not flour (though I'll admit that at first glance it does seem like it says flour, lol) I used maybe 1/4 can of green chili's, I don't like hot. Instead of putting in food processor I just mashed my avocados with a fork and added the sour cream and a dash of lime to it and it was good. I'll make this again, though I might try pinto beans next time.
Mar 13, 2015
I made this today and it turned out great! Not a difficult recipe to put together, and the combination of flavors worked very well. I loved the avocado sauce, but will use less salt next time.