Veggie Bean Tacos
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, saute corn in 1 tablespoon oil until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute tomatoes, zucchini and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the beans, oregano, salt, pepper and corn; heat through.
- Divide filling among tortillas. Top with cheese, salsa, avocado and, if desired, sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos (calculated without sour cream): 378 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 10g fiber), 13g protein.
Dec 13, 2011
This is a very easy and tasty recipe. I liked it better than I thought it would..the blend of ingredients was very good. Spiced it up with Red pepper flakes and other spices.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.