Black Bean Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Optional toppings: Salsa, sour cream, minced fresh cilantro and cubed avocado
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and lettuce. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with optional toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 395 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 7g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 13, 2018
Delicious! Added avacado, and small amount of ground beef. which made it really great
Jun 27, 2018
Always on the look out for quick, easy and tasty! This recipe fills the bill! Will put this in our menu rotation for sure!
Nov 9, 2017
Add a spoonful of guacamole, and this becomes a healthier version of Taco Bell's 7-Layer Burrito.
Jun 9, 2014
Very quick and easy. I added 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning to the bean mixture while it was heating. Really added enough zip.
Jan 9, 2012
Easy, fast, and great for a meatless Monday dinner.