Microwave Black Bean Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and sour cream
- Place beans in a large microwave-safe bowl; mash lightly. Stir in the chilies, onion, peppers, oil, chili powder, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Spread about 1/4 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 25-40 seconds or until heated through. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 534 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 4, 2014
Very quick and easy! I added fresh tomatoes after the final nuking in the microwave.
Aug 7, 2013
Very good. We didn't have any Monterey Jack on hand, so I used cheddar and pepper jack and it was quite tasty. Super fast and easy.
Jun 19, 2013
wonderful flavor. i added 1/4 c. chopped tomato and served them on multigrain flat bread.
Nov 9, 2012
What wonderful flavors in this recipe. I am not a big vegetarian but I really enjoyed how filling this recipe was. An added bonus was the easy clean up.
Oct 8, 2011
Husband said these are definite keepers! I admit, they had a fantastic flavor and I loved that it was quick and easy to make.