Microwave Black Bean Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and sour cream
- Place beans in a large microwave-safe bowl; mash lightly. Stir in the chilies, onion, peppers, oil, chili powder, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Spread about 1/4 cup bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 25-40 seconds or until heated through. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 534 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Oct 4, 2014
Very quick and easy! I added fresh tomatoes after the final nuking in the microwave.
Aug 7, 2013
Very good. We didn't have any Monterey Jack on hand, so I used cheddar and pepper jack and it was quite tasty. Super fast and easy.
Jun 19, 2013
wonderful flavor. i added 1/4 c. chopped tomato and served them on multigrain flat bread.
Nov 9, 2012
What wonderful flavors in this recipe. I am not a big vegetarian but I really enjoyed how filling this recipe was. An added bonus was the easy clean up.
Oct 8, 2011
Husband said these are definite keepers! I admit, they had a fantastic flavor and I loved that it was quick and easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.