Bean & Bacon Griddle Burritos
These griddle burritos with bacon and veggies make an awesome hand-held meal. I use fresh pico de gallo when I can, but a jar of salsa works if that’s what you’ve got. —Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, mix beans and 1/4 cup salsa until blended. Place tortillas on a griddle; cook over medium heat 1 minute, then turn over. Place bean mixture, cheese and bacon onto centers of tortillas; cook until tortillas begin to crisp, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from griddle; immediately top with lettuce and remaining salsa. To serve, fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling.
Health Tip: Use Amy’s Organic Light In Sodium Refried Beans or Eden Foods Lightly Salted Refried Beans and save almost 300 mg sodium per serving.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 375 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 1133mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 8g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Bean and Bacon Griddle Burritos in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.