Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 12 large eggs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, browned and drained
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, fry hash browns according to package directions; remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add onions and green pepper. Pour into the same skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set. Remove from heat. Add hash browns and sausage; mix gently.
- Place about 3/4 cup filling on each tortilla and top with about 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 463 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 249mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 7g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2017
My husband and I really liked these. We both thought they were a tad dry without the salsa, so if you plan on going without salsa, I'd suggest putting some fresh diced tomatoes or something similar in it. It's so easy to modify this recipe as well, adding in different vegetables, changing the type of cheese, using egg substitute, etc. We'll definitely be using this recipe again, thanks!
May 7, 2017
These are a mainstay in our home.
Jan 22, 2016
Quick, easy and so yummy! I froze our left overs to heat up for later
May 1, 2012
I have made this recipe many times since it was published. I make it at least once a month for our meetings at work. We always have different people and sometimes we have some people returning they all want to come to our meetings. Our famous breakfast burritos are a big hit throughout the company. I have also made them for a group of missionary teens and for house guests and of course my family.
Apr 15, 2012
Excellent - I was hestitant, I'm not an egg fan. The potatoes, pepper and onions broke out the flavor. Great for a good filling breakfast during the weekday - make a head.
May 8, 2010
This sounds like the breakfast burrito from my favorite restaurant, minus the potatoes. Since I usually order hash browns on the side, I can't wait to try this!