Breakfast Burrito Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1-1/3 cups salsa, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Enchilada sauce and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg mixture over medium heat until thickened and no liquid egg remains; remove.
- In same skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir together sour cream and soup. Spread half the sour cream mixture in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half the tortilla pieces, half the salsa, scrambled eggs, sausage and remaining tortillas and sour cream mixture. Top with remaining salsa; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30-35 minutes. If desired, serve with enchilada sauce and sliced green onions.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed, increasing time by 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 506 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 243mg cholesterol, 1419mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Jun 9, 2019
Fantastic Recipe. We have a 15 year old kiddo and so I tend to double casserole recipes. This works even doubled, although I did not double the salsa, and we are very pleased with the result. I substituted a package of Mexican shredded cheeses. Yummy!