Breakfast Burrito Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1-1/3 cups salsa, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Enchilada sauce and thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg mixture over medium heat until thickened and no liquid egg remains; remove.
- In same skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir together sour cream and soup. Spread half the sour cream mixture in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half the tortilla pieces, half the salsa, scrambled eggs, sausage and remaining tortillas and sour cream mixture. Top with remaining salsa; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 30-35 minutes. If desired, serve with enchilada sauce and sliced green onions.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed, increasing time by 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 506 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 243mg cholesterol, 1419mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 9, 2019
Fantastic Recipe. We have a 15 year old kiddo and so I tend to double casserole recipes. This works even doubled, although I did not double the salsa, and we are very pleased with the result. I substituted a package of Mexican shredded cheeses. Yummy!