Bacon Breakfast Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours. + standing
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of each of the following: potatoes, reserved bacon and cheese. Repeat layers twice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low until eggs are set, 4-5 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Remove crock insert to a wire rack; let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 306 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 23, 2019
Delicious breakfast casserole that combines all the good things to start your day. Simple and easy to put together, let the slow cooker do the work and enjoy! Will add this to our breakfast/brunch rotation!
Jun 18, 2019
Very good recipe
Jun 4, 2019