Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + soaking Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet or green onion
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 4 large eggs
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Soak lasagna noodles in warm water for 20 minutes. In a small skillet, cook bacon, onion and red pepper over medium heat until bacon is crisp, 8-10 minutes. Remove 2 tablespoons bacon mixture and drain on paper towels; reserve. Whisk eggs into skillet; cook and stir until cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 350°. For cheese sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Add milk, Parmesan cheese and salt; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir cheddar cheese into hot mixture until smooth.
- Drain noodles on paper towels. To assemble lasagna, spread 3 tablespoons cheese sauce over bottom of a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Layer with one lasagna noodle, 3 tablespoons cheese sauce, half the egg mixture and another lasagna noodle. Layer with 3 tablespoons cheese sauce, ricotta cheese and remaining egg mixture. Top with the third noodle, remaining cheese sauce and reserved bacon mixture.
- Bake until bubbly, 10-15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 443 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 253mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 21, 2018
I was looking for some sort of brunch bake that didn't have potatoes or bread in it and this caught my attention. Excellent recipe!! I will use this recipe and this method again substituting meats and cheeses depending on what I have. I don't care for onions with eggs so I added sautéed spinach and mushrooms. The additional color was flavorful and pretty when sliced. I topped with minced scallions.
Mar 22, 2018
Easy to prepare , a nice presentation. Nice use for those leftover No boil Lasagna noodles.
Mar 17, 2018
very tasty, prepared the night before, baked in the morning. would make again,