Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + soaking Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet or green onion
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Soak lasagna noodles in warm water for 20 minutes. In a small skillet, cook bacon, onion and red pepper over medium heat until bacon is crisp, 8-10 minutes. Remove 2 tablespoons bacon mixture and drain on paper towels; reserve. Whisk eggs into skillet; cook and stir until cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 350°. For cheese sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Add milk, Parmesan cheese and salt; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir cheddar cheese into hot mixture until smooth.
- Drain noodles on paper towels. To assemble lasagna, spread 3 tablespoons cheese sauce over bottom of a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Layer with one lasagna noodle, 3 tablespoons cheese sauce, half the egg mixture and another lasagna noodle. Layer with 3 tablespoons cheese sauce, ricotta cheese and remaining egg mixture. Top with the third noodle, remaining cheese sauce and reserved bacon mixture.
- Bake until bubbly, 10-15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 443 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 253mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2018
I was looking for some sort of brunch bake that didn't have potatoes or bread in it and this caught my attention. Excellent recipe!! I will use this recipe and this method again substituting meats and cheeses depending on what I have. I don't care for onions with eggs so I added sautéed spinach and mushrooms. The additional color was flavorful and pretty when sliced. I topped with minced scallions.
Mar 22, 2018
Easy to prepare , a nice presentation. Nice use for those leftover No boil Lasagna noodles.
Mar 17, 2018
very tasty, prepared the night before, baked in the morning. would make again,