Slow-Cooked Big Breakfast
We make this during holidays or on mornings when we know we're going to have a busy day. You can set this to cook overnight on low for an early breakfast, or for three hours on high for a leisurely brunch. —Delisha Paris, Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound cubed deli ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 6 minutes, stirring halfway. Drain and add to sausage.
- Stir in onion, sweet red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, ham and cheese. Transfer to a greased 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until blended; pour over sausage mixture. Cook, covered, on low until eggs are set, 3-4 hours. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Big Breakfast Crockpot in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.