Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 18 turkey bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped green onion and fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 12 alternating cups in a mini-muffin pan with bacon pieces, crisscrossing three strips in each so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Loosely crumple twelve 3-in. strips of aluminum foil into balls; place in cups to keep bacon from sliding. Bake 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Transfer bacon cups to a baking sheet; remove foil. Spoon hash browns and scrambled eggs into cups; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onion and parsley.
2 breakfast cups: 85 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.