Bacon Breakfast Cups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Broil: 5 min.
- 18 turkey bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped green onion and fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 12 alternating cups in a mini-muffin pan with bacon pieces, crisscrossing three strips in each so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Loosely crumple twelve 3-in. strips of aluminum foil into balls; place in cups to keep bacon from sliding. Bake 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Transfer bacon cups to a baking sheet; remove foil. Spoon hash browns and scrambled eggs into cups; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onion and parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 breakfast cups: 85 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 10, 2016
I absolutely love the presentation of this dish, but the taste is just so-so. It needs a lot more seasoning in both the hashbrowns and the eggs for it to be higher rated. It is a very cute brunch buffet idea!
Oct 31, 2013
I love the size and the idea of this recipe; however, I used deer sausage instead of bacon. I just crumbled up the sausage as I was browning it. I also used fresh yard eggs from my prolific hens. Delicious!
Sep 5, 2013
Took them to a bible study and everyone loved them. They all were gone, but 3. Perfect size and tasted amazing. Definitely going to make again.