Coastal Carolina Muffin-Tin Frittatas
Incorporating the flavors of a low country South Carolina crab boil, these tasty frittatas are easy to make and fun to eat. If you have leftover cooked potatoes (roasted or boiled), try dicing them and substituting them for the refrigerated shredded potatoes in this recipe! —Shannon Kohn, Summerville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped smoked sausage
- 1 can (8 ounces) jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 7 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and seafood seasoning. Refrigerate until serving.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine potatoes, sausage, crab and red peppers. Divide among 12 greased jumbo muffin cups. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, hot sauce and salt. Pour over potato mixture. Top with bacon.
- Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Serve with sauce and green onions.
Test Kitchen tips-