Full Garden Frittata
I was cooking for a health-conscious friend and wanted to serve a frittata. To brighten it up, I added leftover bruschetta topping and fresh mozzarella. Now that's breakfast. It's become a favorite among my friends and family, and a staple in my recipe book. —Melissa Rosenthal, Vista, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Optional toppings: Halved grape tomatoes, small fresh mozzarella cheese balls and thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic, herbs and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. Pour in egg mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until eggs are set, 10-15 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges. If desired, serve with toppings.