Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the squash, zucchini and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 7-9 minutes or until the vegetables are tender; drain well.
- Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with the mozzarella, tomato and feta cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over the cheese and tomato layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 161 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2018
Wonderful! So easy and healthy. I love that there isn't a crust and instead veggies. Very flavorful too!
Feb 8, 2018
This recipe is quick and easy and delicious. It’s perfect for breakfast throughout the week.
Dec 10, 2017
I really enjoyed this recipe. I’m always looking for ideas to use summer veggies! It’s so colorful! I added extra Parmesan instead of feta.
Aug 22, 2017
Very easy recipe. I didn't use the feta because I didn't have any, but it was still very good. Will make again.
Aug 20, 2016
Excellent recipe. Made for a brunch, and was a big hit. Easy to throw together and came our fluffy and flavorful. A keeper!
Oct 28, 2013
A great way to cook vegetables. I added some broccoli and omitted feta cheese. Simple to make and very tasty. My family loves it.
Nov 8, 2012
I have made this several times, changed the veggies, depending on what I have.(I fry my veggies instead of microwave) Each time it has been Excellent! Don't be scared to play with cheese, veggies or herbs. Just follow the egg/ milk ratio and no worries!
Sep 22, 2012
This is wonderful taste, quick to make and a wonderful way to use fresh garden veggies. Basil and feta were a great addition.
Aug 18, 2012
Really good... I added more garlic,but still seemed like it needed more seasoning.
Oct 19, 2011
I was really pleased how easy this frittata was to make. I wanted something healthy when I had family over for brunch. I am not much of a cook; this dish looked really beautiful and everyone goggled it up!