Mushroom Zucchini Fritatta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, zucchini and mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustards, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 209 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 12, 2020
Just made the recipe but replaced mustard with turmeric powder and mayo instead. I baked it around 30 mins to get the right set. Finally, sharing this recipe to my friend on my blog https://pelahapmaut.com/zucchini-mushroom-frittata-ala-italia/ and Instagram: instagram.com/pelahapmaut.id Very good review from my vegetarian friends.
Aug 25, 2017
Very good. But 3 eggs for 4 servings??? I made 1/2 recipe and used 5 farm-fresh eggs (probably equal to 4 large eggs from the grocery store). The dijon and mustard powder adds nice flavor to the frittata. Since I was making only 1/2 the recipe, I just cooked this all the way in the skillet. When the eggs were almost set, I added the shredded cheese and covered the skillet until the cheese was melted.
Mar 7, 2017
We liked it, but thought it lacked a little something. My daughter thought it would be good with crabmeat.
Sep 1, 2015
Amazing!!! We will definitely make this again. Often!
Nov 5, 2012
I had never made a frittata before, so I was a bit unsure how this would turn out...this was amazing! My husband really enjoyed it and he is meat & potatoes kind of guy! I used 3 zucchini, omitted the mushrooms, and used a bit of extra cheese & bread crumbs. Really flavorful!~ Theresa
Sep 5, 2011
Very flavorful and satisfying.
Mar 31, 2011
This was a great recipe - we gobbled it up! A few modifications based on what we had on hand: skipped the mushrooms, used 2% milk and 1 more egg since I had extra veggies in it, and used cheddar cheese. It was delicious and definitely a keeper.