Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 4 cups coarsely shredded zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. In a sieve or colander, drain the zucchini, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the yogurt, cheese, salt and pepper. Drain linguine; add to zucchini mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 10, 2017
This was good, It wasn't quite creamy and the flavors needed a little oomph. I added shredded carrots and chopped chives. It's a great light meal.
Sep 13, 2016
Totally an awesome dish. Great to use my fresh zucchini f or a light dinner. Will be making this frequently. Very easy and quick to put together.
Aug 13, 2016
A new favorite! I used garlic oil, added more fresh garlic. I didn't have yogurt so I used sour cream. My husband says "make it again!"
Jun 26, 2016
Very good and easy! To the person who thought it was bland: I substituted sharp cheddar cheese for the low fat and it was excellent! Will definitely make again!
Nov 4, 2015
This is our favorite recipe. We've had it numerous times and served it to guests.
Jul 26, 2015
This was so easy to make. I tweaked the recipe a little with fresh chives, dill and parsley and added some left over chopped chicken breast to make it a complete meal for our family. No leftovers from this recipe!
Aug 8, 2014
This dish has been a favorite for several years. in order to reduce the fat, we use Kraft No Fat shredded cheddar cheese. We also sauteed an onion and added it. Topped with dried chives for pretty presentation. This is a yummy meatless alternative! !
Aug 7, 2014
Very few zucchini recipes out there worth trying, but this is a keeper. Picky family that normally avoids zucchini (which I grow by the truckload) gobbled it right up in this form.. A+ from me!!
Jul 17, 2014
I was looking for ways to use up my zucchini & decided to give this a try. Glad I did as it was very good. Even my teenage son who insists he doesn't like zucchini polished off a big helping of it! I substituted sour cream because I didn't have any plain yogurt on hand.
Jul 7, 2014
Yummy, I added grilled chicken breasts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.