Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 4 thin slices peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat a 6-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Whisk the eggs, egg substitute and 3 tablespoons feta cheese. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Sprinkle with tomato and remaining feta cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut in half; serve with avocado and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 203 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 15, 2014
Very easy & delicious! I added the chopped tomatoes along with the onion & garlic then added the egg mixture. Also sprinkled fresh parsley when serving and instead of sour cream I used light Cottage cheese
Jul 17, 2013
Yummy! Easy to make and very good. The only change I will make next time, is to dice the avocado and sprinkle over the frittata and top with sour cream before serving.