Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 4 thin slices peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat a 6-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Whisk the eggs, egg substitute and 3 tablespoons feta cheese. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Sprinkle with tomato and remaining feta cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut in half; serve with avocado and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 203 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Jun 15, 2014
Very easy & delicious! I added the chopped tomatoes along with the onion & garlic then added the egg mixture. Also sprinkled fresh parsley when serving and instead of sour cream I used light Cottage cheese
Jul 17, 2013
Yummy! Easy to make and very good. The only change I will make next time, is to dice the avocado and sprinkle over the frittata and top with sour cream before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.