Fiesta Time Omelet
I created this dish when I needed to use up some black olives and jalapenos. With the abundant filling, two of these large omelets can feed four people if served with side dishes.—Jennine Victory, Bee Branch, Arkansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1/4 cup canned diced jalapeno peppers or chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt until blended.
- Place a lightly oiled 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, spoon cheese, peppers, olives and cilantro on one side. Fold omelet in half. Cut in half; slide onto two plates. Top with avocado.
Nutrition Facts1/2 omelet: 242 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 383mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Fiesta-In-Your-Mouth Omelet in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016