Apple Cinnamon Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the apple, sugar and cinnamon in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon apple mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 omelet: 476 calories, 38g fat (19g saturated fat), 695mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 1, 2014
Great recipe, my family enjoyed the Apple Cinnamon Omelet at this mornings breakfast.Sorry to say burgers 76 - splenda, egg beaters and cool whip are not healther. Check the lables on these products. LenR
Mar 20, 2014
Sounds great. Will adapt for my needs by using healthier butter substitute, Splenda and egg beaters. Serve with nonfat cool whip.
Oct 24, 2012
Its a sweet surprise in the middle of the omelet. The next time I make it, I will use less butter and one less egg.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.