Fiesta Egg & Potato Boats
On a whim, I stuffed eggs into potato shells as a way to use up leftover baked potatoes. It’s the brunch dish people ask for the most. —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. In a small bowl, mash pulp with butter, sour cream, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Place potato shells on a parchment-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spoon potato mixture into potato shells, creating a 3/4-in.-deep well, building up sides with potato mixture as needed. Break one egg into each well. Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 25-30 minutes. Top with bacon, pimientos and cheese; bake until cheese is melted, 2-4 minutes longer. Sprinkle with green onions.