Fiesta Scrambled Eggs
I love to fix this spicy scrambled egg dish for friends and family. It’s almost a meal in itself, but I serve it with muffins or biscuits, fresh fruit juice and coffee. —Kay Kropff, Canyon, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute the onion and peppers until tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Pour eggs over the top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with salsa.