Fiesta Scrambled Eggs
"I love to fix this spicy scrambled egg dish for friends and family," writes Kay Kropff from Canyon, Texas. TIP: "It's a meal in itself, but I serve it with muffins or biscuits, fresh fruit juice and coffee," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion and peppers until tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Pour eggs over the top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 222 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 311mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Scrambled Eggs in Quick Cooking July/August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.