Spicy Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray, cook green pepper and onion over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, water, salt, mustard, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour into skillet. Add corn and bacon; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Spoon onto English muffin bottoms; replace tops. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 248 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Jul 13, 2017
Best way to get my kids to eat their vegetables! Loved this recipe and will make again. I did add cheese to these.
Jan 4, 2012
My husband and I really enjoyed this as a dinner. I didn't have corn, so I used some red pepper and mushrooms instead. We also used tortillas instead of English muffins to make wraps. The dish is not heavy and has great flavor. We look forward to making it with English muffins sometime too!