Spicy Egg Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups prepared taco meat
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until bubbly and cheese is melted, 14-16 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 481 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 327mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Feb 26, 2017
Pretty frustrating when a recipe is unclear. What is taco meat? I use chicken, ground beef, beans and many other things in my tacos so ?
Apr 6, 2012
Big hit with my kids. For the taco meat I used half ground turkey and half ground beef. Also added a few hash browns. Would also be good with a can of green chilis added. This is a keeper.
Mar 15, 2011
I made this for my Bible study group and they all loved it, my husband loved it and I shared it with some dear friends and they loved it. So, in a nutshell, it is great, I highly recommend it.
Jan 26, 2011
I loved this! I added mushrooms and black olives and used a southwestern flavored egg substitute for most of the eggs. I did end up increasing the cooking time to about 25 mins to make sure it was heated through.
Jan 22, 2011
I added mushrooms and loved it
Jan 20, 2011
I used sausage instead of beef and added browned hashbrowns. Loved it!
Jan 20, 2011
Very easy to do and DELICIOUS! I would recommend it to you all... :)
Sep 10, 2010
Made this for the VBS teachers for breakfast. adults and teens like it!