Spicy Egg Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 10 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups prepared taco meat
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until bubbly and cheese is melted, 14-16 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 481 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 327mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2017
Pretty frustrating when a recipe is unclear. What is taco meat? I use chicken, ground beef, beans and many other things in my tacos so ?
Apr 6, 2012
Big hit with my kids. For the taco meat I used half ground turkey and half ground beef. Also added a few hash browns. Would also be good with a can of green chilis added. This is a keeper.
Mar 15, 2011
I made this for my Bible study group and they all loved it, my husband loved it and I shared it with some dear friends and they loved it. So, in a nutshell, it is great, I highly recommend it.
Jan 26, 2011
I loved this! I added mushrooms and black olives and used a southwestern flavored egg substitute for most of the eggs. I did end up increasing the cooking time to about 25 mins to make sure it was heated through.
Jan 22, 2011
I added mushrooms and loved it
Jan 20, 2011
I used sausage instead of beef and added browned hashbrowns. Loved it!
Jan 20, 2011
Very easy to do and DELICIOUS! I would recommend it to you all... :)
Sep 10, 2010
Made this for the VBS teachers for breakfast. adults and teens like it!