Spicy Roast Beef Sandwiches
Jalapenos add zip to this quick-to-assemble combo of roast beef and cheese from Shirley Wayne. "It's a good hot sandwich to eat in the car or take to sporting events," writes the Laguna Woods, California cook.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canned diced jalapeno pepper
- Spread butter over the cut sides of rolls. Layer the beef, cheese and peppers on the bottom halves; replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 482 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 2123mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Roast Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.