Egg ‘n’ Bacon Sandwiches
From Aurora, Indiana, Sharon Pickett shares this healthy, homemade take on a fast-food favorite. "My son-in-law created this recipe so my grandchildren could have a quick yet nutritious breakfast before school," she shares.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Jones Canadian Bacon (1/2 ounce each)
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Divide between two 10-oz. microwave-safe custard cups coated with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; microwave 20-25 seconds longer or until center of egg is almost set.
- Place a slice of bacon on each muffin half; top with egg and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, for 10-13 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 20-30 seconds before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as 2 Minute Breakfast in Light & Tasty February/March 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.