Scrambled Egg Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen garlic bread, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Arrange cheese slices on bottom half of bread; spoon eggs over cheese. Replace bread top. Slice and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 526 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 434mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 28, 2016
It tasted alright, but it was difficult to get the eggs to stay on top of the garlic bread and we practically had to dislocate our jaws to fit them in our mouths.
Aug 12, 2014
oh my Lord Savior! Lil chicken belly snakcs all up in a bred! sometimes i jees ploopl lil butters on them, and it just drips all in ye chops! Mm, das finger likin lip smackin gooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 16, 2013
Accidentally made recipe as written for just the two of us. Delicious-- and a good mistake.! leftovers made quick, grab and go light meals and snacks. maybe jazz it up with a little meat or add some spice. Will definitely do again.
Jul 8, 2010
I have been making a version of these for years. We love `em, and the leftover egg is great wrapped in a tortilla then microwaved for a quick snack!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.