Buffet Scrambled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 16 eggs, lightly beaten
- Minced fresh parsley, tarragon and chives, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter. Add eggs; cook over medium heat until eggs begin to set, stirring occasionally. Stir in white sauce. Cook until the eggs are completely set. If desired, sprinkle with parsley, tarragon and chives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 464mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2009
My dad loved to make these for my family. Now I am the one making them and they are the most delicious way to prepare scrambled eggs. I will never go back to eating regular scrambled eggs again. Just make sure you dont let the eggs set too much before adding in the white sauce. Otherwise it wont mix well.