Total TimePrep: 50 min.
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 5 thin slices deli ham, halved
- 5 slices pimiento loaf, halved, optional
- 10 slices salami
- 5 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 5 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- 10 thinly sliced red or green bell pepper rings
- Cut bread into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Cut off and discard the end pieces. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, butter and mustard until blended. Spread over every other slice of bread.
- Between the slices spread with mayonnaise mixture, place a lettuce leaf, the meats, cheeses and one pepper ring. To serve, cut completely through the loaf, forming sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 274 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 1, 2018
This was a big hit with company. It's an easy dish to do ahead of time. We substituted other deli meats for the pimento loaf and made half of the sandwich without mayonnaise. Makes a great addition to a potluck or luncheon buffet!
Sep 15, 2011
I prepared several of these for an informal tea with friends they loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.