Havarti Turkey Hero
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Havarti cheese
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple, cored and cut into thin rings
- In a small bowl, combine the chutney, mayonnaise, peanuts and cayenne; spread evenly over the cut side of bread bottom. Layer with turkey, lettuce, cheese and apple. Replace bread top. Cut into eight slices.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 20, 2011
This is such a great way to spice up a classic! The peanuts-chutney combination was new to me, but I liked it--and Havarti cheese on sandwiches is always a winner for me.
Jun 3, 2010
This was really good! I didn't have french bread so I just toasted regular bread and it still tasted great!