Turkey a La King
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour and sugar until a paste forms.
- Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; boil until thickened, about 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add cream, turkey and mushrooms; heat through. Serve with toast.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 297 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 28, 2019
This is wonderful! I added 2 hard boil eggs, handful of frozen peas and 1 - 4 oz jar of diced pimentos. I made it with chicken; but would also be delicious, I think, made with high quality tuna.
Jan 19, 2019
I've been using this recipe since one of my sisters-in-law shared it with me in 1984. The name of the recipe was "Anything You Like ala King". You can substitute seafood, hard-boiled eggs,