Chicken A La King
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Toast points
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt until smooth. Add the broth and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and pimientos; heat through. Serve with toast points.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 323 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 839mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2015
My husband raved about this. Followed the recipe and ingredient list exactly. Easy and, except for the pimientos, uses all the ingredients I always keep on hand.
Jan 31, 2010
This is very easy to make and quite tasty. I like to serve it over biscuits.