Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana heartily recommends this mild-tasting hash. "It's a deliciously different use for leftover turkey," she assures.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Add the potatoes, turkey, salt if desired, cayenne and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 198 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Turkey Hash in Taste of Home April/May 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.