Turkey Taco Macaroni
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add pasta; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until pasta is toasted. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion; cook 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in tomato sauce, water, salsa and taco seasoning. Cook, covered, 3-4 hours or until pasta is tender.
- Remove insert; top with cheese. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 402 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1063mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Sep 25, 2019
As is, this recipe is very bland. 1 package of taco seasoning for the amount of meat/noodles didn't seem enough. To save this meal I put in on the stove and added more cumin, paprika, chili powder, onion powder and then finished off cooking it there.With more seasonings it was good though.
Apr 26, 2017
This was so easy to make and tasted so good!! I used ground beef instead of turkey.