Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Prepare shells and cheese mix according to package directions. Stir in the sausage, taco sauce and seasoning; cook until heated through. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar cheese if desired. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little milk if necessary. Garnish as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 465 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jun 5, 2016
A big hit with the family. So simple and fast to prepare and get dinner on the table. I used salsa in place of the taco sauce. Simply delicious!
Oct 9, 2015
This dish is quick to put together. It is also a tasty meal that my family enjoyed. I decided to bake this (minus the veggies) at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, the recipe does not call for this. I also changed it up by using my own quick mac & cheese recipe (about 32 oz) and hot flavored ground pork sausage. I doubled the sausage, taco sauce, and seasoning. This seems to be a very kid-friendly meal.
Nov 2, 2013
This is going to be one of those recipes that I'll always keep the staple ingredients on hand....makes for a great weekend lunch for my husband and I.
Oct 23, 2013
Super easy n delicious.
Nov 7, 2012
This was so easy and so good! Great for a weeknight meal!
Sep 4, 2012
I've made this recipe a few times now and would also recommend it as a quick, easy, and good supper recipe. The busier our lives get, the better it is to have quick suppers available. I usually make a double batch to have leftovers the next night. Thanks for sharing!
Apr 16, 2012
This is one of the recipes that I use when I need a fast easy yummy dinner. We really like it!
Feb 5, 2011
It's been over 10 years since I've found and starting using this recipe...it's still a family favorite!
Dec 30, 2010
Kids loved it; serve over Fritos next time.
Mar 3, 2010
My husband- who typically doesn't like this type of "helper like" -dinner went back for seconds. I made it with ground turkey, and yes, I did add a little more taco seasoning to the mix. I added the sauce and seasonings to the meat in the pan after browning the meat. It was super fast and yummy! I'm adding it to my make again "dinners" list.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.