Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Prepare shells and cheese mix according to package directions. Stir in the sausage, taco sauce and seasoning; cook until heated through. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar cheese if desired. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little milk if necessary. Garnish as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 465 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Jun 5, 2016
A big hit with the family. So simple and fast to prepare and get dinner on the table. I used salsa in place of the taco sauce. Simply delicious!
Oct 9, 2015
This dish is quick to put together. It is also a tasty meal that my family enjoyed. I decided to bake this (minus the veggies) at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, the recipe does not call for this. I also changed it up by using my own quick mac & cheese recipe (about 32 oz) and hot flavored ground pork sausage. I doubled the sausage, taco sauce, and seasoning. This seems to be a very kid-friendly meal.
Nov 2, 2013
This is going to be one of those recipes that I'll always keep the staple ingredients on hand....makes for a great weekend lunch for my husband and I.
Oct 23, 2013
Super easy n delicious.
Nov 7, 2012
This was so easy and so good! Great for a weeknight meal!
Sep 4, 2012
I've made this recipe a few times now and would also recommend it as a quick, easy, and good supper recipe. The busier our lives get, the better it is to have quick suppers available. I usually make a double batch to have leftovers the next night. Thanks for sharing!
Apr 16, 2012
This is one of the recipes that I use when I need a fast easy yummy dinner. We really like it!
Feb 5, 2011
It's been over 10 years since I've found and starting using this recipe...it's still a family favorite!
Dec 30, 2010
Kids loved it; serve over Fritos next time.
Mar 3, 2010
My husband- who typically doesn't like this type of "helper like" -dinner went back for seconds. I made it with ground turkey, and yes, I did add a little more taco seasoning to the mix. I added the sauce and seasonings to the meat in the pan after browning the meat. It was super fast and yummy! I'm adding it to my make again "dinners" list.