Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soups, milk, basil and pepper; mix well. Stir in beef mixture. Fold in macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Jun 30, 2010
Feed the Gang for less! You can definately stretch out these few basic ingredients to make a yummy one dish meal. I used the suggestion and used cream or onion & regular Cheddar cheese and it worked just fine. Also during browning of beef used a bit of cumin, chili pepper & steak seasoning. Husband took the leftovers to work the next day - and that's saying a lot! He's not a leftover guy :)
Mar 1, 2010
We has leftover meatloaf and I used it in the recipe in place of the ground beef. The kids didn't notice and all loved it. I will make it again. My husband loved this, too. Thanks!
Dec 13, 2009
This was a very nice flavorful dish. The only change I made was to use 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese. The bread crumb topping adds a nice touch. It is quick and easy to prepare on a busy day. The entire family enjoyed it. Served with cornbread. Will make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.