Chili Macaroni and Cheese
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes12 servings (4-1/2 quarts)
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 banana pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: Sour cream and additional shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and peppers over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef into crumbles, 8-10 minutes; drain. Transfer to a 7-qt. slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Add to slow cooker. Stir in cheese until melted. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 447 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Sep 21, 2019
Made this recipe last night and it was a big hit. Definitely a keeper
Nov 1, 2018
Flavorful, easy to make, and definitely worth making again. I cut it in half, omitted the banana pepper (only because I didn't have one), and added a bit more chili powder. A keeper.
Oct 30, 2018
I love this chilli!
Oct 29, 2018