Chili Spaghetti with Hot Dogs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the hot dogs, onion and celery in oil until vegetables are tender. Add the tomato sauce, mustard, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with hot dog mixture. Serve immediately, sprinkling each serving with cheese. Or cool spaghetti; transfer to freezer containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen spaghetti: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan and heat through. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 523 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1360mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 19, 2013
My five year old asked that I make this recipe for every meal we have for the rest of his life. While my husband and I weren't as in love with it as he was, it is going to be something that is added into our normal menu
May 19, 2012
This was pretty quick to cook up for lunch. It was a good for a hot dog recipe. I added a 1/4 cup of brown sugar just for kicks. I would make this again when ever I have leftover hot dogs in the package from the grill.
Oct 26, 2011
I thought this was just okay. However, this dish made quite the impression on my daughter and she's requested a couple of times since.
Feb 25, 2011
This meal might not please a wide variety of tastes, but it is yummy, especially with the addition of cheese. I used fat-free turkey dogs and garden vegetable pasta, making it pretty healthy, too. We'll see how my husband likes it!
Jul 20, 2010
This was an excellent alternative to the traditional spaghetti dinner.
Aug 8, 2009
Left out the hot dogs and used hot chili powder. Fabulous side dish for those who like it spicy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.