My son watches a show where the kids eat spaghetti tacos. As a joke, I made him his own, and now these tacos are here to stay. —Mindie Hilton, Susanville, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian turkey meatballs, thawed and quartered
- 1 package (13-1/4 ounces) whole grain thin spaghetti
- 12 taco shells
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; stir in meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and return to pan. Remove 1-1/2 cups sauce from meatball mixture; add to spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Heat taco shells according to package directions. Place 1/2 cup spaghetti in each taco shell; top with meatball mixture and cheese. If desired, sprinkle with fresh basil.