Everyone who tries this recipe is pleasantly surprised by the combination of flavors.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Minced fresh cilantro
- In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste, cumin, garlic salt, salt and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 161 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1020mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Spaghetti in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.