Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Break spaghetti into thirds; stir into sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and sauce is desired consistency Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 340 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 874mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 23, 2015
I used half chicken and half pork instead of beef. I also used the recipe for Taco Seasoning on recipes.sparkpeople.com instead of a purchased seasoning mix. I was pleasantly surprised how good it tastes.We will enjoy the leftovers that I will freeze in individual servings for quick meals later.
Mar 10, 2014
Easy and quick with great taste. Its a keeper!
Jan 19, 2013
This is a one-pot wonder...quick and easy and absolutely delicious. I add a dollop (or two!) of sour cream on the side. One caution: if you're like me and don't religiously measure ingredients...go easy on the pasta. Too much dilutes the zesty flavor of the sauce, so I always wait until the spaghetti's softened up a bit to see how much is in there.
Sep 1, 2011
I have made this receipe several times a year for quite some time. It's a nice and unexpected change from regular spaghetti